QA and Automated Testing in San Francisco, California
Are you looking for QA and Automated Services in the San Francisco, California area?
With the proliferation of devices and the enormous diversity of platforms and operating systems, having a clear QA strategy is an essential component of product launch and maintenance. Our proven process usually begins with functional QA and then evolves into automated testing as the needs of the product become solidified and more complex.
Founded in 2003 in Minneapolis, Valtira has been challenging the norm and building innovative online solutions for almost two decades. We’ve been challenging the norm and building innovative online solutions for companies across the US for almost two decades.
Making a Business Case for Automated Testing
Some key considerations include:
- Manually repeating tests is costly and time consuming. Automated testing is cheaper over time.
- Technical debt grows as testing lags. It creates an expensive and expanding problem.
- Having a software emergency can be extremely costly to a business.
Benefits of Automated Testing
We also see an increase in the following areas:
- Reliability of testing
- Quality and depth of testing
- Operational efficiency
- Time for other productive work (roadmap)
- Identify gaps in customer experience
- Documentation of test cases and schedule
- Easily repeatable after test scripts have been written
How does it work?
- Identifying the software to be tested
- Selecting automation toolset
- Writing the test scripts
- Developing the test scripts
- Executing the test scripts
- Generating the result/report
- Identifying the bugs or performance defects
- Bug Fixing
Valtira’s Automated Testing Framework
Automated Testing Case Study – eCommerce
Valtira built a custom platform that allows our client to create thousands of individual Shopify stores, each with customized products. We also implemented an-end to-end testing automation framework customized for the new stores. The framework is designed to cover various types of testing such as:
- User stories validation, sanity, regression, system integration testing, API validations, and content testing.
- Test script development.
- Test data in the form of content/html/xml/JSON/TDX are parsed and validated.
- The framework helps automate test suites in order to reduce regression efforts up to 60-80%.
- When a bug is identified it is added to Jira as a bug ticket for immediate prioritization.
- A scalable solution architecture for future adaptability and product growth.
- The framework can be extended beyond Shopify for any other web property test automation.